A legend among serious Northwest hunters
Back by popular demand, the legendary Elk Hunter is 100% USA made with premium full-grain leather and our patented Danner Bob self-cleaning outsole. Its classic lace-to-toe design has been a hallmark among serious Northwest hunters for generations. The waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX liner will keep you dry and comfortable no matter what conditions you encounter. And the rugged, stitchdown platform provides added stability for climbing steep canyons and crossing muddy streams. Fully recraftable, the Elk Hunter will be with you season after season. Please note the leather color may vary slightly.
|Weight||59 oz per pair|
|Manufacturing||Made in USA|
Made in USA
This classification of manufacturing is our promise that this product was built from top to bottom in our Portland, Ore. factory. Our USA Made boots are built with the same commitment to superior craftsmanship that we’ve been known for since 1932.
- Danner Direct Only
- This classic boot is handcrafted in our Portland, Ore. factory. While most of our boots are available through our many retail partners, this exclusive style is only available for purchase directly through our website
or in our Danner stores.
- Nubuck Leather Upper
- Our top-grain leather is sanded on the outside to give it a slight nap with a velvet-like feel. This leather upper is extremely durable, while offering a shorter and more comfortable break-in period.
- GORE-TEX (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Danner Bob® Outsole
- Ranked among the world's best hunting outsoles due to its popularity with upland bird hunters and adaptability to early and late season terrains. Best suited for soft terrain, such as: snow, mud, slush and grass. Rocky terrain can cause premature wear and tear on this outsole.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- The 650 last offers a sleek, slender profile with a more narrow fit. Boots on this last tend to fit those with a more narrow foot better than those with a wider foot. This ensures a snug fit for terrain and activities that demand support and stability. If you do have a wider foot, we recommend ordering an "EE" (wide) in this style.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. This boot is eligible for a number of paid services, including part replacement, leather care and restitching. See our Recrafting page.
- 365-Day Warranty
- If you suspect your purchase isn’t up to our unrelenting standards, or is defective in any way, we want to make things right. We offer a 365-day warranty across our entire footwear line.
Compare Elk Hunter Styles
Danner Boots in the Wild
Tag us on Instagram @dannerboots and use #Danner in your caption for a chance to be featured.
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.